Giantbomb Community Forum GOTY 2013 List Aggregation!!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@humanity said:

I hope I did it right because now I'm full of doubt!

You did.

Thank God! I need to bump up Dragons Dogma as much as I can or those dirty *shudder* Dark Souls fans will win..

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

My list! Making it was harder than I thought. Sometimes I think video games are pretty damn cool.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#156  Edited By MormonWarrior
butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

EVERYBODY DO THE BARTMAN!!

1. Last of Us
  2. Saints Row IV
  3. DmC
  4. Bioshock Infinite
  5. Tomb Raider
  6. GTA V
  7. Shadowrun Returns
  8. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  9. Injustice: Gods Among Us
  10. Papers, Please

Very gratified, as my avatar might give away, to see so many people repping DmC.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#160  Edited By Pop

Here's my list. I added it to the google doc. Lots of indie games were awesome this year. I'm probably missing some games, I looked through the lists of other people to see if I missed anything, but couldn't see any games I downright missed to add.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

My list of best games of 2013 with honorable mentions.

The List

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I was going to wait until finishing Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons before posting this, but I'm about half way through the game and it's really making my blood boil. There's almost no chance of thing being in my top ten, this may as well be Brother Simulator 2013. Maybe the ending is incredible, I'll edit my list if the game suddenly becomes great...

Anyway, my list:

GOTY 2013

1. BioShock Infinite
2. Antichamber
3. Gone Home
4. DmC Devil May Cry
5. Tomb Raider
6. Outlast
7. Zeno Clash II
8. Magrunner: Dark Pulse
9. Shadow Warrior
10. Ittle Dew
thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#164  Edited By D_W
Bleshoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Okay, just finished Brothers. A solid #11.

goney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#168  Edited By goney
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Here's my list

I hope you guys like it, it's the first thing I've ever written up on Giant Bomb. I'm pretty happy with it.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Hey everyone I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm still showcasing and tweeting GOTY lists and blogs. Just drop me a link here so that I know you are okay with me promoting it.

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

criacow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's mine:

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/criacow/lists/game-of-the-year-2013/88196

:D

TheMathlete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#175  Edited By TheMathlete
kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By kerse
myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By amafi

I've done my part for the Rayman community. You can thank me later.

KentonClay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By KentonClay

You know, I originally felt that this was a pretty weak year for games, but I ended up with 15 games I really wanted to put in my Top 10.

I'll probably fill out the text later (And I might shuffle things around at the bottom half of the list) but here's the list of games:

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/kentonclay/lists/goty-2013/88324

Olqavtoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Brainling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Brainling
Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#183  Edited By Sergio
Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#184  Edited By Atwa

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/atwa/lists/goty-2013/87792

I think my list is done. Above all I feel bad that I couldn't fit in Fire Emblem. (I did so because I frankly liked the older games in the series more, specifically the GBA ones are almost perfect)

1. Super Mario 3D World

2. The Last of Us

3. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

4. Dota 2

5. The Wonderful 101

6. Papers, Please

7. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

8. Zeno Clash II

9. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

10. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

11. Spelunky (cause fuck it)

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By EquitasInvictus
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Rough year to make this list for me, as it was mostly spent on backlog and I wanted everything on the list to have been released this year. I really didn't play the majority of games that people are rating in the top 10, just had no time thanks to the old stuff I was playing. You'll see by the time I get to the last few entries on the list that I'm just basically listing stuff that came out this year. Not going to pretend I have a good idea of what the best games of the year are since chances are I didn't play most of them.

GOTY 2013

Quick version:

1. Rocksmith 2014
2. Killer Instinct
3. Ingress
4. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
5. BioShock Infinite
6. Injustice: Gods Among Us
7. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
8. Retro City Rampage
9. Crazy Taxi (Android version)
10. Poker Night 2

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Trilogy

I finally made my list! Like I mention in the header, this was a weird year for me. Similar the GB staff, one game didn't really stand tall above the others for me like it has in past years. I still had a lot of fun with games this year, though.

Here it is! Complete with explanations

1. Bioshock Infinite
  2. Zelda: A link Between Worlds
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
  4. Pokemon X/Y
  5. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  6. Rogue Legacy
  7. Animal Crossing
  8. Guacamelee
  9. Saints Row 4
  10. Gone Home
csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By csl316

Finally added my list, with huge controversial last minute changes between my 4 and 5.

2013 was a great fucking year for games.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Today is the last day to submit lists, I will be compiling and posting the results tomorrow.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By golguin

I just beat my final game for the year and what a game it was. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance brought back my hype for the character action game genre right at the end of the year.

I had no idea the game was going to be filled with a whole bunch of relevant political commentary. The earliest reference I caught was a mention of the 1% and the Occupy Movement. I think I listened to the vast majority of the Codex conversations, but I know I missed some early stuff because I didn't know that comments updated during boss fights, after some new enemies are introduced, and after new cut scenes. I think it's a shame that all the character interactions and political commentary can be missed if you don't sit there and listen to everything they have to say over the Codex.

I still need to play the DLC (the Wolf and Sam DLC is free on the 360), but I know this game is going to be high on my GOTY 2013 list. It literally succeeded in every category that DmC failed to deliver in. I'm not a Metal Gear fan (I've never played a Metal Gear game), but if you want a really good character action game or simply a really fun ride this is it.

Now to think of that list. 2 days left.

@thatfrood I just posted my list to the googledoc. Did I do it correctly?

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/golguin/lists/goty-2013/88426

Petturi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished my list

1. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Grand Theft Auto V
  4. The Last Of Us
  5. Saints Row IV
  6. DmC Devil May Cry
  7. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  8. Bioshock Infinite
  9. Rogue Legacy
  10. Bit.Trip Presents: RUNNER 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just realised I've reached my limit of what games I can play this year. As such, it's time to write that GOTY list - I tend to spend a while writing them, so I'll see you in a few hours.

happymeowmeow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By happymeowmeow
Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completed my list. I tend to write a lot explaining my reasons so I'll only copy half of it so as not to overrun the entire page. Should you be interested, you can find the rest Here...

• 5. Pikmin 3

I got my Wii U on Christmas Day, so maybe I'm jumping in early. But I truly have loved every moment I've spent with this game since. Currently I am on about Day 26 having just reunited with all three captains and I'm eager to find out what this third squad-leader will allow me to do. My biggest compliment to this game is its sheer cuteness. The world looks like it's made of cake icing and the characters look like they're made of bubble-gum. It's a visual feast that makes it easily my favourite game to look at all year. Add to that a game that continues the idea of exploration from Pikmin 1 without the intensely overpowering time limit of its ancestor without resorting to being overly laid-back like Pikmin 2; it's all of my favourite parts of the series in one. If there was one game that sold me on the Wii U it was this.

• 6. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

I may think it is fairly over-hyped, but that doesn't stop it being one of my favourite games of the year. While I found the ending totally predictable and thus, less-than-effective (seriously, I guessed the ending within 2 minutes into the intro sequence). That said, nothing in this game feels out of place [SPOILERS: Except for the suddenness of the Spider reveal - but that's less of it not making sense and more me not expecting it to happen so early]. And there are individual moments that could rival some of my favourites of the past. And if there's anything this game did, it made me treasure my memories of ICO just that little more.

• 7. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

You know how I said Pikmin 3 was my favourite game to look at in 2013, I may have cheated a little by not counting this in my list. I am a sucker for a good remake, but this overtakes that love and delivers some well-needed improvements. I hate when people say "the definitive experience" but for Wind Waker, this is it. Also, while it isn't my favourite Zelda game, it certainly is my most recommend for newcomers. It may not be one of MY favourite games of all time, but it is one of THE best games games of all time. If you missed it the first time, you'd be punishing yourself for skipping it a second time.

• 8. DmC Devil May Cry

A Devil May Cry game that I am not totally horrendous at? Ludicrous. It also pisses off many of the lovers of the previous games difficulty... That makes a lot more sense. This may not be a typical game in the series, but I don't care about that. The animation and level deformation is mesmerising at times. The villains are deplorable in the best ways possible, and Dante seems like a real person for the first time. Ninja Theory may have sealed the deal as one of my favourite developers with the turn-out of this game. Speaking of which, if you haven't played Enslaved, fuck you. It's now out on PC so no excuses.

• 9. The Swapper

Eventually Patrick's repetition got to me and I picked it up. I'm not very far into it and am yet to hit the point where the story takes over from the puzzles. Still, based only on the early puzzles, the fluidity of the mechanics, the intriguing story references, the lovely art, and the truly phenomenal sound (the atmosphere is built on ten-fold due solely from the amazing use of sound - and that main menu song, damn.)... wait, I should remove that 'only'; what I've seen easily lands it on this list.

• 10. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

It may still be in BETA but I've loved this game since I got into the BETA. Scratch that, I've loved this game since Let's Plays showing it prior to me induction into the BETA. I tend to be hard to please on Card Games. A huge chunk of my time was spent collecting Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon cards, but I never delved that far into the game that want to own particular cards. I've always found, making do with what I was given was a joy in itself. That's why that Arena option in Hearthstone is such a joy for me. I can easily rack up enough gold through the normal Play mode to play Arena two or three times a week, without requiring any money. And I've yet to feel tired of it. So congratulations, here's a Warcraft game I don't feel sick looking at. May its launch bring ever-growing playability. At which point I'll say, here's to next year!

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By 49th

I made a list and did words.

GOTY 2013

1. BioShock Infinite
I really enjoyed the combat as opposed to everyone else. Narrative dissonance? I don't give a fuck. I like the world, the characters, and whizzing around on skyrails.
2. The Last of Us
The animation and storytelling in The Last of Us is the true winner here. It's so good. Naughty Dog is great at making stuff like this.
3. Rayman Legends
The music levels are probably some of the best platforming I have played ever. I had a smile on my face for the majority of the game. Even the water levels are good. Whoa.
4. Rogue Legacy
It's like Castlevania and Binding of Isaac and it's got loot and upgrades and a square map. Holy shit, a square map - that's GOTY material.
5. Antichamber
The puzzles are so great. This is a puzzle game, donchaknow? The rooms look like green but then you walk into it and now it's a pattern but here's some stairs and manipulate the blocks to do the thing.
6. Anarchy Reigns
This game was cool. The combat was perhaps too simple but it was fun and chaotic. The character designs are great and it has Jack from Madworld in it. I think he's a pretty cool character with his chainsaw arm and other defining qualities.
7. Tomb Raider
Female Uncharted is better than Uncharted 3. The story was forgettable but upgrading weapons and shooting said weapons is fun.
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
I spent about a month playing Animal Crossing religiously, playing immediately after waking up just to find my 5 fossils for the day, removing weeds and looking through all the shops. I realised I was wasting my life and haven't played since.
9. Grand Theft Auto V
More GTA. Exactly what I expected. There are cars and guns. There are missions, are they interesting? Not particularly. Maybe a few are. The only reason this is on the list is due to not playing enough other games which would surely have replaced this.
10. Poker Night 2
This game is kind of not great, you can earn TF2 hats though. If only I had played more games I wouldn't have to write about this. I still have this installed to earn TF2 hats. In conclusion, GOTY goes to Team Fortress 2. Congratulations Valve.
Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#200  Edited By Sooperspy

My list. I guess really it was an okay year for games. Some of the best this generation has seen, though.