Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

March Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

March is here, and after a few snags with the site I'm back once again with my list of current and upcoming titles for the PlayStation Vita is still monthly. As usual this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

For new releases, March is looking pretty good so far. First is yet another Atlier game from Gust, this time Firis who's apparently going on a Mysterious Journey. Also coming Tuesday is old school, top-down soccer in Dino Dini’s Kick Off Revival, the somewhat Breakout-ish Gem Smashers where you control the ball for once, and and adaptation of the Talisman board game. Later in the month you can pick up some retail releases if you want - a more open world take on monster hunting with Toukiden 2, the SRPG God Wars: Future Past, and Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, which combines the previously released Virtue's Last Reward with an enhanced port of 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors that adds higher resolution graphics and voice acting. (Also a shout-out to DRPG Stranger of Sword City Revisited which snuck out just at the end of February.)

Onto new games, February was a bit of a light month. Mainly NISA revealed that they're bringing Touhou Koubuto V over, which seems to be a Touhou derived Virtua On clone, also we're also getting a localized release of rhythm game Deemo. Else the previously annouced Tattoo Nation has become Tokyo Tattoo Girls, and I put Gust's RPG Blue Relection in unconfirmed as there have been English trophies spotted for it. In less plesant news, Chroma Squad and Forgotten Memories have been cancelled. Also XSEED confirmed they've passed on Net High, as it was deemed too challenging to localize.

Over in Japan, D3 announced Omega Labyrinth Z, either a sequel or an expanded rerelease of the Omega Labyrinth dungeon crawler.

And I think we're done. Come back next month for A Rose in the Twilight.

March

Retail

Download

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

• Still Time - Minimalist indie puzzle platformer
    • King of Dragon Pass - Vita version being "considered"
    • Infinifactory - Puzzle game
    • Kero Blaster - Shoot 'em Up from the creator of Cave Story
    • Chaos;Child - A new entry in the Science Adventure visual novel series
    • Yu-No - Remake of the classic visual novel
    • Punch Line - Companion VN to the anime
    • Blue Reflection - Another RPG from Gust
    • Drive Girls - Action game with anime girls that turn into cars

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
    • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.
    • C-Wars - Retro RTS thing (abandoned in early access since Mar 2016)
    • SilverQuest: Gaiden - Previously MiniFlake (abandoned in early access since Mar 2016)
    • Smash Derby - Indie vehicle combat arena (no updates, removed from developers page)
    • A Clumsy Adventure - Indie platformer (dev website down, no twitter updates since Dec 2015)
    • Action Henk - Physics puzzle runner? (Vita not listed on homepage, PS4 came out in Mar 2016)
    • Ascension: Chronicle of the God Slayer - Card game (no updates since original annoucement Aug 2014)

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Looks like four purchases for me this month, although I'm actually going to get the PS4 versions of a couple of them (Toukiden, Firis).

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BlackLagoon

@thewildcard: Yeah, picking the Vita or the PS4 version can be a bit of a quandary. I guess it ends up depending on the game type for me. I think anything slow or turn-based I'll probably enjoy more on the Vita. And I figure should I ever want the PS4 version later it'll probably be available for cheap sometime down the road.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Dude, thanks so much for putting this list together. We really appreciate it. :)

Avatar image for mattoncybertron
    mattoncybertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mattoncybertron

insane list, thank you man!

I heard a port of The Count Lucanor is coming? hadn't heard of it before but it's on Steam and looks cool, will definitely check it out once it hits Vita

Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

We are now officially community spotlight Vita buddies.

To actually contribute something to the discussion, I have played a fair share of the obscure visual novels in this list on PC. Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shōjo was one I enjoyed a whole, whole lot at the time I played it.

Also I'm gonna end up buying that Zero Escape collection at some point even though I actively dislike the only one I've played (VLR). I just... I have to know. I have to see the fullness of this thing that I really, really, really dislike. Okay, I'll say the word. I hate it. And the depth of my hatred has made me horribly morbidly curious and now I have to see this thing through.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.