Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

November Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

So, uh, hi. It's November. A quite a lot of it actually. And what can I say... not been that great of a month for me personally (never mind the rest of the world.) Still, I don't want to just give up on this, so finally here it is, my monthly list of current and upcoming titles for the PlayStation Vita, and I'm on time this month again! As usual this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

Anyway, on to this month's releases, we have a visual novel double bill from pQube with Root Letter, a small town mystery, and Steins;Gate 0, the sequel to the aclaimed time travel story Steins;Gate. Also so far we've seen tounge in cheeck clicker My Name is Mayo, top down shooter Wanted Corp, and retro side-scroller Volgarr the Viking (of Breaking Brad fame.)

As for new game reveals, Aksys is bringing us 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors as part of the Nonary Games package, so we now will have the complete Zero Escape trillogy on the Vita. Tecmo Koei continues showing support with Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea and Dynasty Warriors: God Seekers. Idea Factory has DRPG Mary Skelter: Nightmares and otome remake Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds in the pipeline. And hot off the presses, NIS America is bringing over Operation Abyss sequel DRPG Operation Babel, as well as retro action RPG Cladun Returns, and Touhou platformer Double Focus. In addtion, there's a whole slew of indies coming, including Siralim 2, Sir Eatsalot, Cyberthreat, Skyhill, Ghost 1.0, Door Kickers, Demetrios: The Big Cynical Adventure, The Deer God, Starr Mazer, and Spacejacked.

Over in Japan, there's a new Super Robot Wars game on the way, Super Robot Taisen V, which is getting an english language release in Asia. Sword Art Online contines with Accel World VS Sword Art Online: Chitose no Tasogare. Compile Heart continues being Compile Heart with Gun Gun Pixies, letting you lead the charge of an alien invation of a girls dormitory. There were also a bunch of visual novel annoucements including remakes of Banshee's Last Cry and Desire, and spin-offs to Kenka Bancho Otome and Chaos;Child.

Finally, Kodoku was cancled in originally annouced for and turned into a 3D game that's not coming to the Vita so I have removed it from the list. Also Level-5's Wonder Flick has shut down on mobile and seems pretty dead, so I've removed it as well.

And I made it though! Come back next month (I hope) for... hmm... Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero?

November

Retail

Downloads

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
    • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Huh, might have to try Volgarr out. But then, I never did finish Rogue Legacy, so maybe I should try that first.

I found my VITA and popped it back in my backpack for traveling to work. Maybe I'll finally have time to get more complete in FFX, although the packed trains on BART are probably going to make that tough.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

But...but... the Vita has no games I thought?

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, vallhalla is coming to vita? I'll need to play that finally

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I keep hoping maybe a Vita will come up on a great sale this Black Friday season so I have an excuse for portable Persona and Disgaea.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By BlackLagoon

@frostyryan said:

Wait, vallhalla is coming to vita? I'll need to play that finally

Wolfgame is plugging away at the port, check their twitter for updates.

I keep hoping maybe a Vita will come up on a great sale this Black Friday season so I have an excuse for portable Persona and Disgaea.

I wouldn't wait too long if you want a new Vita, looks like fewer and fewer stores are restocking them in the west. If you want an inexpensive one a used/refurbished model might be a better choice.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@blacklagoon: To be honest, I'd be fine with not owning one. they look like really neat tech, but my house is littered with the corpses of handhelds I thought I really wanted.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I don't know how I found out about Root Letter, but I've been randomly thinking about picking that game up. In truth, I should probably just finish Steins;Gate and then pick up Steins;Gate 0 instead of rolling the nice on that game though.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Anyone heard anything about Lichtspeer? It was supposed to release a while ago.

ih216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for this! I can't believe I forgot Steins;Gate 0 is coming out this month.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.