Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

October Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

Q4 is here with October and so am I again with a run down of the current and upcoming games for the PlayStation Vita. As usual, this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

Starting off with new releases, while we don't have dates for a lot of titles yet, the ones we do are pretty notable. First of all Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus brings NSFW ninja hack n' slash action on the 14th, then Samurai Warriors 4 does the same but with a more feudal Japan bent. Finally, Studio Japan's good looking third person shooter / boss hunting game Freedom Wars rounds out the month.

As for new licenses, I'm running a bit short on time, so I'll have to be a bit brief. Lots of indies as usual, including Aqua Kitty DX and SteamWorld Heist, as well as a port of the PSN classic Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype and a LittleBigPlanet runner - Run SackBoy! Run!. In Japan a Vita port of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory was annouced, as well as a new Dungeon Travelers DRPG, a Touhou roguelike, and a ton of otome games. For a full list look below.

And that's it. Come back next month when it looks like Tales of Hearts R will be making its appearance.

October

Retail

Downloads

Next few months?

Retail

Downloads

Rest of the year

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Incomplete list of Japanese titles that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

Pretty damn excited for Senran Kagura. I have my "lets get physical" copy pre-ordered.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2 fisk0  Moderator

The Vita releases in EU have been pretty sparse recently, but I'm really looking forward to Söldner X-2. I adore euroshmups, and the Vita is probably the next best thing to play those on after the Amiga.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Great job as always, keep up the good work on these blogs.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When are we gonna get some Oreshika news? I need my fix, man!

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

You da best!

heaveninblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is phenomenal. Thanks a lot.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

thank you

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By awesomeusername

You should take off Murasaki Baby from the downloads list since that came out last month.

Other then that, good list as usual. To bad I don't use my Vita anymore. I have some good games in there but I just never find the time to play it because PS4 and PS3 backlog. Plus, I hate playing games outside of home. So my Vita stays untouched. Besides the times my brother plays it.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos said:

Pretty damn excited for Senran Kagura. I have my "lets get physical" copy pre-ordered.

I do wonder what the reaction to this will be when it gets released. Burst went largely under the radar, but this is more or less "the" notable new PlayStation TV launch title. If people get bent out of shape over Danganronpa, I can't imagine this going well.

@flappy said:

When are we gonna get some Oreshika news? I need my fix, man!

I'd guess they want to get Freedom Wars out first. Also, I think the development team were working on improving some parts of the game that were poorly received in Japan, though that was a while ago.

You should take off Murasaki Baby from the downloads list since that came out last month.

Thanks, with so many downloadable titles coming out on short notice, it's sometimes hard to keep track of them all.

Anyway, thanks for reading guys!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Cheers for these updates

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh sweet jesus if they make a Vita-port of King of Dragon Pass. It would be the greatest.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Japan yet lives on the Vita. Dang so many games!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh sweet jesus if they make a Vita-port of King of Dragon Pass. It would be the greatest.

They should just port that game to everything. The Android version just came out last month and it's fantastic.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:
    @vierastalo said:

They should just port that game to everything. The Android version just came out last month and it's fantastic.

True! It's a shame the original art is supposedly too small to be made into a proper PC-port. Here's hoping they sell enough of the other versions to eventually afford re-doing that stuff.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

Being waiting for this version of Wolf Among Us for 12 months now, since it was announced last October. Game better be good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.