Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

June Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

We're almost half-way through the year, and I'm here with another rundown of current and upcoming games for the PlayStation Vita. As usual, this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

For once we have a pretty good idea of what's coming this month, as both Sony and 3rd parties have been good about giving out dates in advance. Starting off with retail titles, we have Sega inspired RPG goddess Neptune making her Vita debut with the idol management spin-off Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection. Aksys serves up a BlazBlue double bill, with a port of Chrono Phantasma and the prequel visual novel XBlaze Code: Embryo. Finally we get another edition of Farming Simulator, with more content and features (even multiplayer support IIRC).

PSN-wise, there's the more kid oriented PlayStation Vita Pets, punishing retro platformer 1001 Spikes, a spruced up version of Pixeljunk Shooter, inde shooter Son of Scoregasm, and a full on remake of Atelier Rorona. Also coming is indie puzzle game The Swapper, complete with The Scoops Seal of Approval. As always, expect additional games to receive release dates as the month progresses; I will try to add them here as they come.

Moving on to new game announcements, May was another solid month. Ubisoft revealed they're bringing Child of Light to the Vita, with a retail version no less. Sony annouced a port The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy, well, only for Europe so far, though obviously it's coming to America. Also Europe only so far is Invizimals: The Resistance, which I guess is understandable since the US is still waiting for the previous game.

Else, indie shooter Scoregasm is getting Vita sequel, mobile stunt racer Jet Car Stunts is coming, the ex-Pixar folks at Steel Wool Games revealed the Vita as the platform for their debut title - Flyhunter Origins, and Vita launch match three sensation Treasures of Montezuma is back with a story mode and "RPG elements" in Treasures of Montezuma: Arena. Additional indie announcements included Axiom Verge, Drifter, and Red Goddess.

Localization-wise, Koei Tecmo confirmed that they're bringing over both Samurai Warriors 4 and Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, as well as new and improved Atelier Rorona Plus. And XSEED finally acknowledged what many were expecting, that they're putting out all-boob eeehh -girl hack 'n slash brawler Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus later this year. Also showing up in E3 materials is Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!, presumably the cooking rhythm game spin-off, though we'll have to wait for confirmation on that one. And continuing the theme of girls fighting, Aksys has picked up Arcana Heart 3: Love Max, an enhanced port of the all-girl fighting game.

Across the ocean, Japan got all Moédern Warfare with the announcement of third person shooter Bullet Girls, as well as ports of well known visual novels Clannad and Chaos;Head, less known visual novels Kiss Bell and Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen Hachimyoujin, and otome visual novels Dramatical Murder re:code and Trigger Kiss. Also there a Nisekoi game coming from Konami, but nothing's been revealed about if so far.

And another blog post comes to a close. Join me next month for an anime double-bill from Bamco, with both Sword Art Online and One Piece.

June

Retail

Downloads

Next few months?

Retail

Downloads

Rest of the year

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

• Still Time - Minimalist indie puzzle platformer
    • New Ys game
    • King of Dragon Pass - Vita versio being "considered"

Vaporware

• Snapshot - Due out fall 2012. Delayed, then no news for over a year.
    • Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Incomplete list of Japanese titles that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Thanks for the post. I wasn't expecting Sword Art Online to be a 30+ hour game. That video for One Piece graphically looks really good. The vita version probably won't quite look that well. I've never watched One Piece before, I should give that a try.

I didn't get to play much in April & May so I'm looking forward to getting to my Vita backlog in June. I'm about halfway through FFX HD and I for sure need to pick a shorter game after this.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Holy crap, that's a super informative post. I should have followed you sooner. Man so many games I hadn't heard of!

I don't know what Natural Doctrine is, but I need more SRPG in my life.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just finished a big update adding all the games annouced around E3. Anyone see anything I missed?

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#4  Edited By MightyDuck

Thanks for posting this! As someone who recently bought a Vita, I've been looking to find out what is coming out soon for it.

I had no idea that Duke 3D was going to be available. Looking forward to that! Unfortunately though, besides that, Mercenary Kings, Grim Fandango, and Rogue Legacy...not a whole lot is calling my name.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MrMuscle

I am SO looking forward to Sword art online and Freedom Wars. SAO should tie me over until Destiny hits in september i think.

onlineatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By onlineatron

hohokum hits august 12th! worth adding to 'next few months'

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.