Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

July Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon
    No Caption Provided

So on Friday I faced a decision - write this blog post... or finish Zero Time Dilemma. In this timeline it would seem the latter won, so I'm afraid I'm late again. In any case here it is still, my list of current and upcoming titles for the PlayStation Vita. As usual this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

Anyway, this month is headlined by noted by the sequel to Internet sensation Creeper Jeff's favorite game - Gal Gun: Double Peace. For the first time the we'll get to actually know what's going on, undoubtedly doubling the weirdness and unease. We're also getting Mystery Dungeon roguelike Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate from Aksys. For download only titles, Bandai has seen fit to release 2v2 arena battler Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs-Force, just in time for Austin not to cover it. Indies Lumo and 10 Second Ninja X should also be coming. Also, while not upcoming any more, I feel I should mention Square Enix snuck out Adventures of Mana onto PSN last month, a remake of Final Fantasy Adventure for the Game Boy.

For new title announcements, Gaijinworks has revealed they're continuing the Summon Night SRPG franchise, bringing over Summon Night 6: Lost Borders. Meanwhile pQube grabbed another visual novel with Root Letter, NISA has claimed Touhou roguelike Touhou Genso Wanderer, Atlus have decided to bring over Furyu's budget Persona-like RPG Caligula, and Koei Tecmo has already confirmed their upcoming Warriors game based on the Berserk manga. Continuing to surprise, Bandai is localizing A.W.: Phoenix Festa - an action game based on the Asterisk War anime. There is also talk about the original Zero Escape game, 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors, coming to new platforms, with the Vita being hinted as one of them.

Over in Japan, 5pb. confirmed Anonymous;Code, the next visual novel in their science adventure series, for the Vita. Also Artdink revived their venerable Age of Discovery exploration sim franchise with Neo Atlas 1469, and Kadokawa revealed that their previously announced Cthulhu mythos inspired DRPG currently only known as Project Code: Daten is being developed for the Vita.

Now if you'll excuse me, Ray Gigant is calling me. Come back next month for Attack on Titan:

July

Retail

Download

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
    • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Video Games on a VITA :O.

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Been playing a whole lot of stuff on my Vita lately. Was playing Trails of Cold for a while, about 40 hours in, and now I'm playing some Zero Time Dilemma and God Eater (all of which I'm really enjoying). And, as this list shows, there is a bunch of cool stuff coming out in the near future! Good time for the Vita.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lentfilms: I'd really like to try the Trails games, though I've been intimidated by their length and size.

(Else, I've updated the post to add a line about 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors likely coming to the Vita.)

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklagoon: The Trails games are indeed big commitments, besides length they are also very slow paced and the story arcs are often multiple games long. I personally like them a lot but I have a hard time recommending them to people since I don't think they would appeal to everyone, even if you are a fan of the genre. However you won't dislike them because of lack of quality, they are all really well made games with a lot of care put into world building and characters combined with rock-solid gameplay.

All I can say is: If they look like something you'd like then you probably will. Trails of Cold Steel is a nice place to jump into the franchise or you could always start at the beginning with Trails in the Sky.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lentfilms: Cold Steel was on sale this week, so I bought it. Now I actually have to find time to play it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

For some reason I've been thinking about buying a Vita. I want an easy way to play indie games while working the night desk at my hotel job. I feel like my boss would appreciate the discreetness of a hand held over a lap top. I think next pay check I'm gonna pick one up, that list of indie games in July is very impressive.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

For some reason I've been thinking about buying a Vita. I want an easy way to play indie games while working the night desk at my hotel job. I feel like my boss would appreciate the discreetness of a hand held over a lap top. I think next pay check I'm gonna pick one up, that list of indie games in July is very impressive.

I bought one 2 weeeks ago, having PS+ for years I have plenty of games to play. I work at a hospital so night shifts are definitely great for VITA, so I would definetely recommend it!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@quipido: Ya I have plenty of Vita games through PS+ as well. Those memory cards are priced ridiculously though.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@quipido: Ya I have plenty of Vita games through PS+ as well. Those memory cards are priced ridiculously though.

Yeah, you are right there - I was lucky I found a used VITA with 16gb memory card, all still in a warranty period for 100 bucks, I was just looking up the prices and when I found this deal I just had to take it. I can understand people being down on the system, in general, there is not much coming month to month, but from the perspective of someone coming to it this late it's a pretty stellar machine. I spent many hours playing Dragon's Crown in particular (great with bombcast btw, as you go through on higher difficulties - Diablo style), tehere are some great rogue-likes and it even support PS1 games. There is plenty to play.

And then there is Persona 4 Golden, which was on sale recently for 5 bucks...

So yes, go for it! I bet you could at least find a deal on a used memory card, but I don't know what the state of things is in your region. Good luck!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c295850623f7
    deactivated-5c295850623f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I saw Timespinner and thought it was Timesplitters and then was sad.

Oh well. I'll just continue replaying Hotline Miami.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklagoon: I hope you enjoy it! There are some references to the other games in the series but I don't think it will impact your enjoyment of the story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.