July Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

No almost this time - we are half-way through the year, and I'm here with another rundown of current and upcoming games for the PlayStation Vita. As usual, this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

We're back to having sparse details of what's coming up, with the GameStop exclusive One Piece: Unlimited World Red being sole retail title. On PSN we're getting, Ubisoft's hand drawn RPG Child of Light, the classic cinematic platformer Another World, and the puzzle game MouseCraft. The Ratchet & Clank Collection and Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment have July releases annouced for Europe, but still no firm word of when they're out in NA.

Over to new game announcements. E3 wasn't huge show for the Vita, but it still had a decent showing. The most surprising announcement was Disney Infinity, and apparently the full version of the game (unlike the 3DS version) with support for the figures. XSEED also followed up Shinovi Versus with the localization of sexy rhythm cooking game Senran Kagura Bon Appetit, while Sony teamed up with Disney and Double Fine for a HD version of the classic adventure game Grim Fandango. Beyond that there were a whole slew of indie/downloadable titles, including EarthNight, One Way Trip, Don't Starve, Tales from the Borderlands, Tetris Ultimate, Broforce, and Titan Souls. I also added to LEGO games, LEGO Batman 3 and LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids, which I believe were annouced earlier but slipped by me.

In Japan, ports ruled the day with RPGs Ar Nosurge and Dungeon Travelers 2 making jump, alongside otome game Hanasaku Manimani. Beyond that dancing anime Hanayamata is getting a tie-in rhythm game.

Finally a bit of housekeeping. First of all, I've finally made a proper vaporware section and moved Snapshot and Orc Attack into it. Snapshot was one of the first indies to be annouced for the Vita, originally meant for a fall 2012 release. Then it got delayed, and now no news for over a year. Orc Attack is a bit more recent, but the PS3 version came out over half a year ago, and the developers seem comepletly focused on Steam at the moment. Also I've removed Samurai & Dragons from the Japanese games list, since it's shutting down.

Next month It's Neppening! when much improved remake of the first Hyperdimension Neptunia game hits, alongside Akibahara action-adventure Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed.

July

Retail

Downloads

Next few months?

Retail

Downloads

Rest of the year

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Snapshot - Due out fall 2012. Delayed, then no news for over a year.
  • Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Incomplete list of Japanese titles that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By DarthOrange

Hot damn Vita releases have slowed to a crawl.

If anyone here has $1 to spare "Quiet, Please!" is a fun, super short adventure game on the PlayStation Mobile side.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthorange: I guess I forgot to include the note about more dates being announced during the month, so, just to make it clear, there's pretty much always more titles that get during the month and I will update this post with them. It seems pretty much how things are with PSN releases, they don't get firm release dates until less than a week before they're actually out.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By egg

a new fat princess?! you sir have just made my day

I was sorta planning on getting a vita in the near future but this upgrades it from as sorta to a sorta definitely

edit: its a puzzle game, lol

still, I'm interested

Avatar image for wienerless_steve
Wienerless_Steve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I can't wait until the Disgaea 4 comes to Vita. One of the reasons why I bought one in the first place.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Corevi

I would kill for an updated rerelease of King of Dragon Pass, that game is awesome. Death to Duckmen.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MrMuscle

Man, just release SAO: Hollow Fragment in EU and USA already!

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I held off on getting Child of Light in hopes of there being a Vita version, so I'll probably pick that up. Otherwise I'm just waiting for The Binding of Isaac at this point.

As always, thanks for taking the time to do these lists, duder.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By sub_o

@blacklagoon Again, thanks for the monthly update. I'm waiting for the release date of Axiom Verge and Rogue Legacy for now. (And maybe Freedom Wars)

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrMuscle
GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has there been an official confirmation that the Ratchet and Clank trilogy is getting a US release? I missed out on those games the first time around so I wouldn't mind picking them up on a handheld.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmuscle said:

Well i guess they heard me.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/484260545680637952

"Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment will be out 20th August 2014 exclusively to PS Vita!"

Dunno if that is both EU and USA.

August 20th is a Wednesday, which means European date. North American release dates are generally Tuesdays.

@gvalo said:

Has there been an official confirmation that the Ratchet and Clank trilogy is getting a US release? I missed out on those games the first time around so I wouldn't mind picking them up on a handheld.

I don't think it's been 100% confirmed. But the franchise is Sony America's baby, so it seems highly unlikely that it won't be released there. What might happen though is that it'll be a download only release.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklagoon: That would be perfectly fine with me. I have 32 games on my vita and 0 of them are physical copies

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would kill for an updated rerelease of King of Dragon Pass, that game is awesome. Death to Duckmen.

I'd given up on the possibility of an Android version and now I hear it's maybe even coming to Vita, awesome news.