Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

February Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

And here's another edition of my list of current and upcoming games for the PlayStation Vita. As usual this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

Running a bit short on time today, so I'll have to be brief. No retail titles this month, but Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is still retail sized even if it's only available on the PSN store. Downloadwise there are several indes like Crypt of the NecroDancer. Localization/new title highlights - Jeff Gerstman favorite rail shooter Gal Gun: Double Peace is coming west, alongside Grand Kingdom and MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (which may have been from last month but I missed it, sorry.) In Japan NIS annouced Firefly Diary sucessor Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight, and Acquire snuck out ports of the their PS3 Wizardry games Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls, and it's Japan only sequel Wizardry: Torawareshi Bourei no Machi.

Else, the developer of Energy Hook cast some doubt whether the Vita version will end up happening, and the Rail Wars game was canceled, so I removed them.

And we're done. Next month should have been the gorgeous looking Stranger of Sword City, but sadly it has been delayed to April. So here's a video of city defense in Aegis of Earth, and Compile Heart's venture into NIS teritorry with Trillion:

February

Download

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
    • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#1 fisk0  Moderator

Huh, Labyrinth of Lost Souls certainly wasn't the highest point in the Wizardry franchise, but I'd still consider getting it and it's sequel for my Vita. I do love that genre.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I am looking forward to giving Lair of the Necrodancer a try. Never did get around to that on Steam.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0 said:

Huh, Labyrinth of Lost Souls certainly wasn't the highest point in the Wizardry franchise, but I'd still consider getting it and it's sequel for my Vita. I do love that genre.

I guess Labyrinth did do to well since the sequel never made it over, but perhaps there's hope Acquire might bring the Vita version over themselves since the translation already exists. At least we're getting a number of Wizardry derivatives - I've just started Operation Abyss, and I'm really looking forward to Stranger of Sword City - the art just looks stunning.

@rorie said:

I am looking forward to giving Lair of the Necrodancer a try. Never did get around to that on Steam.

NecroDancer seems too much of a rhythm game for me. I like my turn-based games, well, turn-based. :)

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

A friend bought me Crypt on PC, I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to picking it up on the Vita to play on my commute.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#5 fisk0  Moderator

@fisk0 said:

I guess Labyrinth did do to well since the sequel never made it over, but perhaps there's hope Acquire might bring the Vita version over themselves since the translation already exists. At least we're getting a number of Wizardry derivatives - I've just started Operation Abyss, and I'm really looking forward to Stranger of Sword City - the art just looks stunning.

@rorie said:

NecroDancer seems too much of a rhythm game for me. I like my turn-based games, well, turn-based. :)

Oh wow, I hadn't heard of Operation Abyss, but that seems to be exactly the kind of dungeon crawler I've been wishing for since the Hired Guns sequel was cancelled in the late 90's.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TanookiSuit

Can't wait for Crypt of the Necrodancer; been meaning to play it but hate gaming on my laptop. The Vita is where I've been getting my fix for these types of games lately it seems, which is awesome because it won't be sitting all sad in it's cradle, blue light slowly pulsating at me to get back into Spelunky or Rouge Legacy.

Also want that Puyo Puyo Tetris...but don't want to import it because $$$$$$$

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Kickstarter for the acclaimed science fiction mystery visual novel Root Double: Before Crime * After Days just got funded. Initially it was PC only, but eventually they added an option for a Vita version. They've got a limited "early bird" $40 tier for it, and there are still a few slots left for those interested.

@fisk0 said:

Oh wow, I hadn't heard of Operation Abyss, but that seems to be exactly the kind of dungeon crawler I've been wishing for since the Hired Guns sequel was cancelled in the late 90's.

Hah, maybe you should have started paying attention to these posts of mine earlier! :P Anyway, I'm just getting started, so far it seems a bit more old-school and less polished than the developer's previous Vita game (Demon Gaze), you can even sit around rolling for better stats if you want to. And it spite of the sci-fi anime presentation, it's very much a Wizardry game at its core. I'm enjoying it so far.

Also want that Puyo Puyo Tetris...but don't want to import it because $$$$$$$

I think Puyo Puyo Tetris might be difficult to bring over even if Sega wanted to, given that Ubisoft appears to have the Tetris license in the west.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.