Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

March Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

It's March and here's another edition of my list of current and upcoming games for the PlayStation Vita. As usual this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

Localized Japanese games dominate the release schedule this month, with Aksys bringing over city defense/management game Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault, Idea Factory publishing SRPG Trillion 1,000,000,000,000: God of Destruction, Tecmo Koei offering strategy spin-off Samurai Warriors 4 Empires, and XSEED brusting out with more ninja boobs in Senran Kagura: Estival Versus. We've also got a Japanese indie - anime styled brawler Croixleur Sigma, and long time Nintendownload X-press favorite Nnooo returns with turret lagomorph massacre in Blast 'Em Bunnies. We might see JRPG Ray Gigant as well, though no firm date has been annouced yet.

Moving on to new games annoucements and localizations, NISA is bringing over the cutesy 2D survival horror game Yomawari: Night Alone, as well as anime tie-in visual novel Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness. Aksys got their hands on mystery dungeon roguelike Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate. And Sekai Project maneged to Kickstart the localization for visual novel Root Double: Before Crime * After Days. There were also indies annouced like Downwell, Neverending Nightmares, and Xenoraid. In Japan, Furyu revealed the rather Persona looking RPG Caligula, while NIS is working on a new ClaDun retro action RPG.

And I think we're done. Some nice titles await us in April, like Assassin's Creed Chronicles and MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies, but what I'm really looking forward to is the beutiful looking dungeon crawler Stranger of Sword City (forgive me for using the Xbox One trailers):

Curiously, the game also comes with an alternate moe-ified artstyle for those who prefer that:

March

Retail

Download

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
    • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

I always forget Vita games exist in physical form. That's still really weird.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BlackLagoon

@eccentrix said:

Publishers like XSEED and NIS America have a loyal customer base that likes fancy special editions, so even with limited retail distribution these companies find it worthwhile to do physical releases. You also have companies like Limited Run Games, that do tiny print runs of indie games for collectors.

jerkchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just plugging mine in after a long hiatus. Nice to know there's still some life out there. Almost sold it until I looked at the going prices—not really worth it. It's a great little machine.

bhizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, amazing list, thanks! I guess there are more games coming out for it than I thought.

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shiro2809

@jerkchicken: The best little machine. I love my vita so much, I really wish it had more support. Plenty of great games out on it and plenty more to come though, even though they're not first party. I'm genuinely curious if the memory cards weren't so god awfully priced if it would've gained more traction..

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

@shiro2809: I doubt the memory card issue helped. Even after importing a 64GB card (and paying more for it than I paid for the Vita in the first place...), I constantly find myself wishing for more space (games like P4G - 3.2GB and TWD:S1 - 2.3GB chew through storage pretty quickly). It'd be a much better device if you could just use normal memory cards - a 200GB microSD card is about the same price as a 64GB Vita card.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I really wish the library wasn't 90% anime garbage. It seems to be getting worse too. Last time I looked at the new releases in the store it was 80% dlc panties for senran kagura.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.