Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

June Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

We're a few days into June... and I'm late. Sorry about that. Still, like a lot of games on this list (of current and upcoming games for the PlayStation Vita) - better late than never, no? As usual this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

Coming back from last months relative modest set of retail titles, we've got Vanillaware's remake of their PS2 cult classic side scrolling fantasy RPG Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Spike Chunsoft's tactical RPG Grand Kingdom, the follow up to Virtue's Last Reward Zero Time Dilemma, and LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens. There are also two retail-sized downloads with fantasy RPG Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book and Bamco's remake of Gods Eater Burst - God Eater Resurrection.

Moving onto new games, Square Enix revealed that after skipping the Vita versions when bringing over some of their titles, we're actually getting Dragon Quest Builders and they're apparently working on the updated Romancing SaGa 2 as well. Beyond that, Spike Chunsoft is getting into self-pubishing with an English version of Mystery Chronicle, NISA is bringing over Criminal Girls 2, Idea Factory is doing their dungeon crawler MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death, and pQube is handling visual novel Steins;Gate 0. And a few more indies like Nuclear Golf and Exile's End.

In Japan, Acquire revealed a new Akiba game Akiba’s Beat, Gust continues pumping out Atelier games with Atelier Firis, and Shriogumi New Media revealed a 3D brawler based on a pachinko franchise... Sengoku Otome: Legend Battle.

And I guess we're done. Come back in July, when I guess it's Gundam time:

June

Retail

Download

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
    • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Oh shit, last I heard Zero Escape 3 was having troubles getting started

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Oh wow, I didn't know that VA-11 HALL-A is coming out soon and on the Vita. I hope it's good!

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus: Yes, Spike Chunsoft wasn't crazy about putting up money and development resources for it. But then Aksys apparently stepped in and they worked out some deal where it is being developed by a new developer (keeping the director/writer and composer from the previous games).

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

All about that Odin Sphere.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Why is nuclear throne on the upcoming list? That already came to vita.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

I didn't notice until last week Zero Time Dilemma was coming out until like a week ago. I pre-ordered that and pretty much forgot about it. Time to actually charge my Vita back up, which I haven't touched since I got a bit into Danganronpa: Another Episode and kind of quit on it.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: Occasionally I'll add a game to the released list and forget to remove upcoming entry. I actually did notice that Throne was still there pretty recently, but I forgot to remove it while editing the new post. I'll correct that now.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Pretty busy month for the Vita. Got Odin Sphere and Grand Kingdom preordered, and I'm sure Zero Time Dilemma and Atelier will deliver.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.